Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Pulled Pork Sandwiches

Tonight for dinner we are having pulled pork sandwiches which are perfect for this rainy day we are going to have. I have made a few different versions of a pulled pork recipe I have in my crockpot cookbook, but I was running a little late this morning so I made a really simple recipe. The meat is so tender when you cook it in the crockpot. It is the only way to make it.

Pulled Pork BBQ (made by ME)

4lbs pork roast (I used 4 boneless pork chops with the fat cut off)
16 oz of you favorite BBQ Sauce ( I used Trader Joes BBQ sauce, it is our favorite)
1 C Water
1 T of your favorite got sauce (I used Ardvark Saurce from Portland)

Preparation:
Place roast in slow cooker and top with BBQ Sauce and hot sauce. Cover and cook on low 8 to 12 hours. Remove roast. When pork roast is cool enough to handle, use a fork or your fingers to pull it apart until the entire roast is shredded. Return the pulled pork to the crockpot and mix with the BBQ sauce. Heat on high for 10 to 20 min to make sure the meat is warm and mixed with the sauce . Serve on large, crusty buns with a mustard based Carolina-style BBQ sauce. Garnish with dill pickle spears, thinly sliced raw onion and pickled pepperoncini (Italian banana peppers). Serve with crisp, homemade slaw. Carolinians would put the cole slaw on the pulled pork sandwiches..that's up to you.

0 comments: